World

Trump Warns Iran as Peace Talks Stall Amid Rising Tensions

US President Donald Trump says “time is of the essence” as negotiations with Iran face deadlock over ceasefire terms, nuclear demands, and regional security issues.

Story Highlights
  • Trump warns Iran to move quickly toward a deal or face severe consequences.
  • Iran accuses the US of refusing to make meaningful concessions during negotiations.
  • Disputes over Iran’s nuclear programme and the Strait of Hormuz remain major obstacles to peace talks.
Donald Trump has issued a fresh warning to Iran as negotiations aimed at ending the ongoing conflict appear to have stalled.

In a message posted on his Truth Social platform, Trump said time was running out for Tehran to reach an agreement with the United States.

“They better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them,” he wrote. “TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!”

The remarks came shortly after Trump reportedly held talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday, according to reports from Israeli media citing Netanyahu’s office.

Meanwhile, Iranian state-linked media accused Washington of failing to offer meaningful concessions in response to Tehran’s latest proposals to end the conflict. Reports from the semi-official Mehr news agency suggested that the lack of flexibility from the US could push negotiations into deadlock.

Trump’s latest warning mirrors earlier comments in which he said an entire civilisation could be destroyed if Iran refused to accept a peace deal. He had previously described the fragile ceasefire as being on “massive life support” after rejecting Iran’s recent demands, calling them “totally unacceptable.”

However, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei defended Tehran’s proposals, describing them as “responsible” and “generous.”

According to Iranian media reports, Tehran’s conditions included a complete halt to military operations across all fronts, an end to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports, guarantees against future attacks, and compensation for war-related damage. Iran also reportedly insisted on maintaining sovereignty over the strategically important Strait of Hormuz.

In response, US proposals reportedly included limiting Iran to a single operational nuclear facility and transferring its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States.

Trump also signalled a possible shift in Washington’s stance on Iran’s nuclear programme, suggesting he could accept a 20-year suspension rather than demanding a permanent end to the programme.

The conflict escalated after Israeli and US forces launched major air strikes on Iran on February 28. Although a ceasefire announced in April has largely held, occasional exchanges of fire have continued.

Iran has also maintained control over the Strait of Hormuz, a key global shipping route through which roughly 20 percent of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas supplies pass. The move has contributed to rising global oil prices.

The United States, meanwhile, continues to enforce a blockade on Iranian ports as part of efforts to pressure Tehran into accepting its terms.

Pakistan has been involved in mediation efforts between both sides, though significant differences remain unresolved.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button