Entertainment

Stonebwoy Accuses Government of Favoritism in Artiste Selection for Events

The dancehall star says top artistes are being sidelined due to lack of political connections

Story Highlights
  • Stonebwoy says he was available but not invited to perform at a government event
  • He claims artiste selection is based on favoritism and political connections
  • The BHIM Nation star says many top artistes are being unfairly sidelined

Award-winning Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy, has raised concerns over what he describes as blatant favoritism in the selection of performers for government-sponsored events.

Speaking in an interview on July 16, 2025, the BHIM Nation president revealed that despite being present and available to perform, he was left out of a major government event — only finding out about it after it had already happened.

Stonebwoy believes that access to such platforms is no longer based on merit or availability but rather on personal connections with people in power.

“I was in town and ready to perform, but I wasn’t contacted. When I followed up with the minister, the response made it clear—those who get the opportunities are often those close to the authorities,” he said.

He went on to suggest that certain artistes enjoy repeated invitations simply because they’re favorites of decision-makers behind the scenes.

“Sometimes, artistes are picked based on personal preferences. The chances only go one way. I saw the government launch a programme recently, and though I was available, I only heard about it after it happened,” he recounted.

Stonebwoy stressed that this wasn’t just about him — many top-tier artistes are routinely overlooked because they aren’t part of inner political circles.

“It feels like only musicians who are close to influential government people get called for shows,” he added.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button