Hearts of Oak Settle Rene Hiddink’s Debt as FIFA Lifts Registration Ban
FIFA confirms closure of case after Hearts of Oak settles debt owed to former coach

- FIFA lifts Hearts of Oak ban
- Hiddink’s debt fully settled
- Phobians cleared to register players
Hearts of Oak have confirmed that FIFA has lifted the registration restrictions imposed on the club after the outstanding debt owed to former coach René Hiddink was fully settled.
In a statement issued on August 18, 2026, the Accra-based club said FIFA had officially communicated the closure of the case after the amount owed to Hiddink was paid in full and confirmed by the former coach.
The club said the settlement had resulted in FIFA formally lifting all registration restrictions previously imposed in connection with the matter.
Hearts of Oak welcomed the resolution and expressed satisfaction that the dispute had been brought to an end.
The club also maintained that it had acted in good faith throughout the process and urged its supporters and stakeholders to remain calm following the resolution.
The lifting of the FIFA ban comes as the Phobians prepare for the 2026/27 Ghana Premier League season under new head coach Nebojša Kapor.
Hearts of Oak will begin their campaign at home against Berekum Chelsea as they seek a strong start to the new season.



