News

“He Attacked Me for Refusing Sex” — Wife Speaks Out After Viral Assault Video

Victim alleges husband assaulted and sexually abused her after months of refusing sex.

Story Highlights
  • Wife alleges husband assaulted and sexually abused her after she refused sex for months
  • Victim says she had previously reported abuse to police, but no action was taken
  • The couple has two young children, aged five and two, who were present during the incident

The wife of John Odartey Lamptey, the man captured in a viral video assaulting her in Ofankor, Greater Accra Region, has recounted the harrowing attack.

She alleges that Lamptey violently assaulted and sexually violated her after she refused to have sex with him for nearly five months.

According to the victim, their marriage had been troubled, prompting her to leave the matrimonial home five months earlier due to repeated abuse. On Saturday, Lamptey allegedly lured her back under the pretense that their two-year-old child was seriously ill.

“I was at a funeral when he called, saying our lastborn was unwell. I rushed home, only to find the children playing. He admitted he lied because he wanted to have sex with me,” she explained.

When she said she would return to her village the following day, Lamptey became enraged, accusing her of disrespect and making excuses. “He told me he had trapped me to kill me,” she said.

The victim described how Lamptey ordered one of the children, Daniel, to take the children outside, then locked the door and attacked her. “He tore my dress and undershorts, destroyed the beads around my waist, beat me with a metal broom rod, and even threatened to cut off my hand with a knife,” she said.

A man named Oketeku intervened briefly, snatching the knife from Lamptey, but the assault continued.

The victim alleges Lamptey smeared pepper on her private parts before forcibly having sex with her.

She said this was not the first time she had suffered abuse, having previously reported Lamptey multiple times to Tesano and Ofankor Police Stations with evidence, but no action was taken. The couple has two children, aged five and two.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button